What is VPN ?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is a technology that allows you to create a private network over the internet, and then connect your devices to it. VPNs are often used by businesses with remote employees who need secure access to the company’s internal resources. But they can also be used by individuals for many different purposes – from protecting their privacy while browsing on public Wi-Fi networks, to bypassing censorship restrictions imposed by their government or school.
In this blog post, we will explore what VPNs are, how they work, and why you might want one of your own!
There are many different types of VPNs, so let’s start by looking at some examples.
The first type is a remote access VPN (aka clientless or SSL). This allows you to connect from anywhere in the world and gain secure access directly to your company’s resources – even if they’re behind an internet firewall which usually prevents such connections. The second type is called site-to-site encryption; this provides better security than clientless because it encrypts data both when it travels over public networks and within private ones, but can only be used between two sites on the same network with compatible hardware. Site-to-site also uses technology like IPSec or GRE tunnels for secure delivery of packets that would otherwise be insecure.
We will cover these two types later in more detail, but first, let’s take a look at some of the main reasons why VPNs are so popular today:
- A VPN is an encrypted connection between your computer and a remote server
- When you connect to the internet, your data is sent out on a public network that anyone can access
- With a VPN, you are connecting to an encrypted private network – no one will be able to access what you do online with them
- You can use this for anything from browsing anonymously, accessing region-restricted content, or getting around firewalls
- Most people use it for privacy reasons because they want to keep their information safe and secure when they’re online
- It’s also used by businesses as part of their security strategy so that sensitive information doesn’t leak onto the public internet through unsecured connections
Top 6 Best VPN
– ExpressVPN is a really popular choice for people who want to use VPNs. It has servers in 94 countries, which means you can access the internet securely from almost anywhere in the world. ExpressVPN offers great speeds, and they have software for all different devices – making it easy to connect.
– NordVPN is another really popular VPN. They have a huge number of servers in various countries, so you can always find the best speeds for where you are. And they have some great extra features like double encryption and multi-hop VPN that make them a good choice for people who are worried about security.
– IPVanish is a good choice for people who are looking to access region-restricted content because they have servers in over 60 countries. IPVanish has good speeds, and they are known for their strong security. IPVanish also has software that is really easy to use – making it a really good option for people who are new to VPNs.
4. Private Internet Access
– Private Internet Access is a really good option for people who want to keep their data secure. Private Internet Access has software that’s easy to use, and they have servers in 25 countries. Private Internet Access is also really affordable, which makes it good for people who are looking to save money when they get a VPN.
5. CyberGhost VPN
– CyberGhost VPN is a good option for people who are looking to use their VPN on all the devices they have. Cyberghost has software that works on PC, Mac, Android, and iOS – so it’s good for people who are looking to use their VPN everywhere. CyberGhost is also really affordable, and they have servers in over 50 countries. CyberGhost VPN is a really popular choice for people who want to use VPNs.
6. Hotspot Shield VPN
– Hotspot Shield is a really popular VPN because they have software that works on all devices – so you can use it on your phone, tablet, computer, and even your smart tv. Hotspot Shield is a good choice for people who are looking to access region-restricted content because they have a lot of servers in different countries. Hotspot Shield is also really affordable, and they have software that’s easy to use – making it a popular choice for people who are new to VPNs. Hotspot Shield also has a Chrome extension, which is really good because it makes it easy to connect.